Key table entry not found

ms419@freezone.co.uk ms419 at freezone.co.uk
Sat Apr 17 03:45:14 EDT 2004

Thanks for the suggestions ... I thought it might be the kvno - but I
checked:
---
kadmin.local:  getprinc host/kas.ruz.lat
Principal: host/kas.ruz.lat at RUZ.LAT
Expiration date: [never]
Last password change: Sat Apr 10 01:05:38 PDT 2004
Password expiration date: [none]
Maximum ticket life: 0 days 10:00:00
Maximum renewable life: 7 days 00:00:00
Last modified: Sat Apr 10 01:05:38 PDT 2004 (root/admin at RUZ.LAT)
Last successful authentication: [never]
Last failed authentication: [never]
Failed password attempts: 0
Number of keys: 2
Key: vno 8, Triple DES cbc mode with HMAC/sha1, no salt
Key: vno 8, DES cbc mode with CRC-32, no salt
Attributes:
Policy: [none]
---
kas:~# ktutil
ktutil:  rkt /etc/krb5.keytab
ktutil:  list
slot KVNO Principal
---- ----
    1    8                 host/kas.ruz.lat at RUZ.LAT
    2    8                 host/kas.ruz.lat at RUZ.LAT
---
I triple checked: "kinit" on kas works. I can SSH using GSSAPI *from*
kas *to* any machine. But I can't connect from any machine to kas using
GSSAPI authentication. Depending on the service, I usually encounter:
"Key table entry not found".

Again, DNS checks out:
---
kas:~> host kas
kas.ruz.lat has address 192.168.179.9
kas:~> host 192.168.179.9
9.179.168.192.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer kas.ruz.lat.
---
What else could it be?

Thanks again!

Jack