Krb5 1.3.1 Solaris 9 CC WorkShop 6 Update 2 link warning

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Sat Apr 17 04:48:08 EDT 2004

On Friday, Apr 16, 2004, at 18:30 US/Eastern, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> The warning does not say all that much to me without providing a list
> of the function names it thinks are the same.
>
> Jeffrey Altman
>
> Thomas Huang wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to build a custom Kerberos client application under Sun
>> Solaris 9 using CC WorkShop 6 Update 2.  The build produced an
>> executable but with the following warning:
>>
>> ild: the archive
>> /usr/local/kerberos/v5.1.3.1/sun-solr/lib/libk5crypto.a
>> has entries with the same name -- consistency checks during
>> incremental
>> links are not possible for these entries

I think this is about filenames, not symbol names.  I think there's a
name (stringtokey.o?) that we're using in a couple directories, and
both versions go into the archive.  If we were doing incremental
updating of the archive it might break things, but with the particular
usage cases here, it seems to work.  I don't know what the "consistency
checks" are, specifically, but I haven't looked at this incremental
linking support.

>> I don't understand this warning.  Any ideas on how to correct this
>> warning?

Well, we could rename some files.  Or, just not worry about it, which
seems to have worked okay so far...

Ken