Anybody familiar with Java's sun.security.krb5.debug output?

Sleepy sleepy at sleepy.net
Wed Apr 14 16:15:25 EDT 2004

Hi, I noticed somewhere that you could set the system property

sun.security.krb5.debug=true

to get additional Kerberos debugging information. Does anyone know of
a guide to decipher this information, particularly the output provided
by the new 1.5 JDK. Documentation on it seems to be very limited and
hard to find.

In particular it would be nice to know about the "server=" output that
is provided, where that value comes from, and how to alter it. I have
noticed that the majority of my problems occur when this "server="
piece displays incorrectly (ie - doesn't point to the correct KDC
server). Sometimes doing cold reboots and running the same sample app
fixes this problem for some reason, so I am unsure where this is
coming from.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.