kerberos programming and ldap

Brian Davidson bdavids1 at gmu.edu
Wed Apr 14 16:25:46 EDT 2004

On Apr 14, 2004, at 3:35 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:

> melissa benkyo <wyl_lyf at yahoo.com> writes:
>
> According to:
>
>     <http://docs.sun.com/source/816-5578-10/security.htm>
>
> the iPlanet directory server does not support GSSAPI authentication at
> all.  This probably means that their client libraries don't support it
> either.  You probably want better client libraries; the OpenLDAP client
> libraries are excellent.  I could be wrong on this, though.

The newer version of the directory server does support GSSAPI:

http://docs.sun.com/source/816-6698-10/ssl.html trumps

I don't know about the clients...  I use an OpenLDAP client, and
someone else around here runs our LDAP server.  We're going to be
testing SASL/GSSAPI soon - next week I hope.

Brian Davidson
George Mason University