Newbie question on keytab -- no need for this on clients, right?

Gabe nospam at nospam.net
Sat Apr 10 15:47:38 EDT 2004

This same question was asked on 2003-08-14 10:58:14 PST (subject "newbie
question keytab for client or server"), but I don't think it got
answered, so I'm going to ask: the keytab folder in the MIT source code
is only needed for application servers or KDCs, right?  There's no need
for that code on the clients that will be requesting TGTs and so forth,
correct?  (I imagine the question applies to the Kerberos source code of
any implementation, MIT or otherwise.)

Thanks very much for your time!