Cross Realm Auth: how to resolve the issue of finding the 'Correct' realm of service for ms w2k client...

Mark Campbell mcc171 at psu.edu
Thu Apr 8 10:07:56 EDT 2004

I have seen this.  The way I fixed it is to make sure the windows client
is appending the proper DNS suffix.  If you right click My computer go to
properties then Computer Name then change then more and see what DNS
suffix the system is appending.  Change it to what you want and try then.
I have tried this on XP and 2k3 not 2k but please let me know if it
worked.

Mark Campbell
Systems Analyst, Advanced Information Technologies
Information Technology Services
The Pennsylvania State University
mcc171 at psu.edu, 814-865-4774