help with gss-client and gss-server

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Wed Apr 7 12:20:50 EDT 2004

wyl_lyf at yahoo.com (mla) wrote in message news:<20040402142814.40474.qmail at web60707.mail.yahoo.com>...
> Hello all,
>
> I can't seem to get the gss-client and gss-server that
> comes with mit kerberos to work. any assistance is
> much appreciated. thanks!
>
> melissa
You didn't mention what was giving you trouble, so all I can mention is that
I think you need a keytab entry for the "service", with a principal of the form:

"service"/hostname at YOUR.REALM

on the machine that is running the server. You also need to have a TGT (ie.
do a kinit) on the client machine before running the client.

I have had the demo service running, so I know it works once you figure out
the "tricks", rick