3DES or equivalent telnet encryption with kerberos

Jeffrey Altman jaltman2 at nyc.rr.com
Sun Sep 21 18:42:22 EDT 2003

Kerberos Telnet computes the DES keys incorrectly when there is more
then 8 bytes of key data.  The fundamental problem is that the keys must
be inserted into the encryption engine before the engine knows which
type of encryption is going to be used.    You can add support for 3DES
or CAST-128 encryption provided you are willing to compile out the
support for DES support.  This of course disables compatibility with
existing clients.

Jeffrey Altman