Download of Kerberos Binaries

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Sep 15 16:36:24 EDT 2003

[ Posted and mailed. ]

"Jon Dahl" <jdahl at LiquidityDirect.com> writes:

> My name is Jon Dahl and I work for Liquidity Direct in the US. I would
> like to download the source/binaries for both Windows and Linux.

> I am assuming the reason why your webserver is denying me is because
> there is no DNS entry for our firewall ip address.

> Please let me know if this is the reason and any alternatives I can
> follow to obtain the source/binaries.

Are you trying to download MIT Kerberos from the MIT servers?  If so, I
recommend just downloading it from:

    <http://www.crypto-publish.org/>

instead.  It's just easier, even for people inside the US.  (The folks at
crypto-publish.org have filed the required paperwork with the US
government to make available cryptographic software in source format, and
MIT has been reluctant to do that for legal reasons.)