Kerberos on a Linux Machine

mike.mowry@verizon.com mike.mowry at verizon.com
Wed Sep 10 14:20:31 EDT 2003

I installed Red Hat 8.0, kerberos is running on it, I want to disable
kerberos for certain things. For instance I want to rcp files from other
servers to my linux box and can't get around the "permission denied", I
also want to ftp to and from my linux box using scripts and I don't want
kerberos to attempt authentication. I want it to accept the rcp'ed files if
the user has a ID on the box. And I don't want it to interfere/interact
with ftp at all.

I've attempted to use the krb config steps in the linux books to no avail.

Mike Mowry
CMDS, CTI-Support
813-978-7056   or
813-268-8802 (Numeric Pager)