master-slave sync

Dorian Büttner dorian.buettner at gmx.de
Fri Sep 5 08:06:35 EDT 2003

hello all,
following scenario:
kerberos5-master on redhat AS2.1,
kerberos5-slave (heimdal) on OpenBSD 3.3

Using kprop on the redhat box for pushing the db to OBSD's hpropd I'm
receiving an
kprop: Bad application version send (via sendauth)
and hpropd exits 1

Somebody knows how to workaround the version?

In spite of that, I see the next prob advancing: kerberos5 is using
kpropd5.acl, while hpropd allows db-syncing for authenticated kadmin/hprop.
Will adding such a principal on the master do the trick, supposed 'yes' what
password is to use?

I'm totally new to kerberos, so please give hint if I'm tryin' to do total
crap in here.

Greets,
Dorian