Attempting Windows 2003--MIT Kerberos interop

Actually davidchr davespam at microsoft.com
Tue Oct 14 20:00:15 EDT 2003

Was this ever answered?  If not:

[...]

> The Windows 2003 Resource Kit
> downloadable from microsoft.com does not appear to include this
> program

Correct.  However, it does exist in support\tools\suptools.msi on the
WS03 CD (probably why it didn't go in the reskit).  I'm looking to see
if there's something we can do to prevent further confusion for people
looking for ktpass in the future, now that it's evidently been moved...

> I read a thread on this list from 2003.08.11-2003.08.13 entitled,
> "Interoperability with windows 2003 KDC and MIT kerberos V,"
> which seemed to suggest that somebody had got it working.

To my knowledge, the configuration steps haven't changed at all since
Win2K, so just following the interop instructions on www.microsoft.com
should work just fine.

Thanks!
-Dave

---
This message is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
This message may originate from an unmonitored alias ("davespam") for
spam-reduction purposes.  Use "davidchr" for individual replies.
Any opinions or policies stated within are my own and do not necessarily
constitute those of my employer.
This message originates in the State of Washington (USA), where
unsolicited commercial email is legally actionable (see
http://www.wa.gov/ago/junkemail).
Harvesting of this address for purposes of bulk email (including "spam")
is prohibited unless by my expressed prior request.  I retaliate
viciously against spammers and spam sites.