kadmin problems

Wachdorf, Daniel R drwachd at sandia.gov
Mon Oct 13 18:53:27 EDT 2003

I am having trouble getting kadmin to work.  I can use kadmin.local without
any problem.

i have setup the kadm5.acl file with this entry:
*/admin at dce.sandia.gov *

i created the principal with the name drwachd/admin

when i try to use kdamin i get this:

[drwachd at mit drwachd]$ /usr/local/sbin/kadmin
Authenticating as principal drwachd/admin at test.sandia.gov with password.
Password for drwachd/admin at test.sandia.gov:
Password for drwachd/admin at test.sandia.gov:
kadmin: Preauthentication failed while initializing kadmin interface

I see this in the krb5kdc.log file:
Oct 13 16:53:20 test.sandia.gov krb5kdc[9711](info): preauth (timestamp)
verify failure: No matching key in entry
Oct 13 16:53:20 test.sandia.gov krb5kdc[9711](info): AS_REQ (4 etypes {16 23
3 1}) 132.175.90.200: PREAUTH_FAILED: drwachd/admin at test.sandia.gov for
kadmin/admin at test.sandia.gov, Preauthentication failed

Anyone know whats going on?  I am running kadmin from the kdc, so it can't
be a timeskew issue.  I am SURE the password is right.
I have tried doing a kinit -S kadmin/admin drwachd/admin at test.sandia.gov and
it works fine.

Any ideas?

-dan