kerberos 1.3.1 compile failure on Mac OS X Server 10.2.6

Alexandra Ellwood lxs at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 7 16:54:13 EDT 2003

Sorry for the slow reply.

>I am trying to compile a Kerberos service on Mac OS X 10.2.6.
>
>I stopped trying to compile Kerberos  1.3.1 due to:
>
>"Note that a stock krb5-1.3 build will not be able to share
>credentials with the Kerberos that ships with Mac OS X (KfM) because
>it does not support the in-memory credentials cache used by the Mac
>and Windows MIT Kerberos releases."
>
>My questions are:
>
>A) Which version of krb5 will I need to support the in-memory
>credentials cache?

Currently there is no release of MIT Kerberos which supports the
in-memory credentials cache used by Kerberos for Macintosh and
Kerberos for Windows.

>B) Where can I get this source or binaries? (If for example I need
>version 1.2.6)

If you need source for the version of Kerberos for Macintosh in
10.2.6 you can get it off the Darwin website
<http://developer.apple.com/darwin/projects/kerberos/>.  You will
need to agree to the APSL, and you should note that we do not
recommend customizing KfM -- Apple will not support it and software
updates may break your machines.

>C) Will this version compile on Mac OS X 10.2.6 or do I need the
>server version of the OS?

Kerberos for Macintosh sources should compile on Mac OS X 10.2.6,
however no support will be provided if they don't.

If there is some functionality of Kerberos for Macintosh which you
need for your Kerberos site, please file a bug with Apple here
<http://bugreport.apple.com/>.

Hope this helps,

--lxs