DER ASN Kerberos parser

Gustavo V. G. C. Rios gustavo.rios at terra.com.br
Sun Nov 30 19:40:48 EST 2003

Hi folks,

i am writing to let all ou known i have finnished coding a library for
parsing kerberos message as specified in RFC 1510. It was designed to be
used for those having to handle kerberos protocol messages. I labeled it
Mojave, mjv for short. Here are some of its features, that would make
your mind on using it:

Correctness: I manage to write a correct code. It was designed from
scratch, the only third party party function i ever used was: realloc,
malloc and memcpy; nothing else. ** This requisite is not a goal, but an
mandatory requirement. **

Performance: My first goal on mjv design was to have extremely efficient
parsing done. I have accomplished the task. What really matter is the
number of messages that may be parsed in a given interval of time. For
instance: On my PIII-1G i could parse 1000000 credential messages
containning 5 tickets each in no more than 1.43s. Memory usage is
performed with extreme care, in order to avoid performance penalties.

Ease-Of-Use: Very easy to use. Get it into your code with mininal
effort, reducing development time.

Portability: ANSI X3-159.1989 fully conformance. Although my development
plataform is OpenBSD, i could compile the example program - that use the
library, of course - with Microsoft Visual C/C++ with not a single
effort on change the sources.

That's it folks. I hope you do appreciate. I am really interested on
seeking some with interest in testing/using it. Let me known, please.

The url is: http://www.rootshell.be/~grios.

The tarball holds the library into the adk tree. The tmp/mjv have some
examples for parsing KDc-REQ/REP, AP-REQ/REP and the like. Compile and
link it with the library.

I hope for your comments.