[OpenAFS] Re: Windows TGS_REQ on alternate Netbios Names

Jason C. Wells jcw at highperformance.net
Sat Nov 29 14:38:23 EST 2003

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> Jason C. Wells wrote:
>
> If you are only obtaining tokens for one cell whose name is the same as
> your
> Kerberos 5 realm, you might want to consider using KfW 2.5's Leash as your
> ticket/token management tool instead of afscreds.  Simply place
>
>   leash32.exe -autoinit
>
> into a Startup shortcut.  (You can even minimize it).  Microsoft
> Kerberos LSA
> credentials will be auto-imported and afs tickets will be requested
> using Kerberos
> 5 and krb524d.  The tickets will be auto-renewed as approach expiration
> as well.

And look at me, I wrote a script to run ms2mit, k524init, and aklog.
Thanks for the tip and the insight into Windows behavior.  I guess I just
expect unixland services to run just like unixland services even when they
are running on windows.  When they don't, I get "who moved my cheese"
syndrome.

Later,
Jason