newbie kerberos setup

X3 imiten at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 10 14:01:33 EST 2003

Hello,

I have debian woody.  I installed kerberos 5 debian packages.

I can do krb5kdc, kadmind, and kadmin.local fine.  I added few users,
host to it. I wanted to check following:
As unix user kerbuser I want to do kinit.  It tells it could not
contact any KDC.  Can one tell me how to go about doing following:

I just want to login as kerbuser and ksu to kerbtest.  Unix account
for both exist and also do their kerberos accounts.  Unix and kerberos
passwords are different.

any other simple test to verify that my kerberos is fine.

Thanks.

please cc reply to:
imiten at yahoo.com