Pam problem with krb5?

Christian Pfaffel flash at itp.tu-graz.ac.at
Mon Nov 10 12:52:17 EST 2003

haneym at rcc.on.ca (Mike Haney) writes:

> I've been working to get kerberos v5 authentication working with AD
> and have managed to get ticket granting working with local login or
> ssh login (I have kerberos logging enabled on W2K and see the ticket
> grant success message)...  My problem is that no matter how I change
> my Pam configuration I still get denied access?
>
> I have followed the MS guide to getting this working but the unix
> configuration is very vague in regards to setting up pam...  Any
> suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Just in case that you are using openssh 3.7.1p2, which you should use
btw., have a look at

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openssh-unix-dev&m=106438171512943&w=2

and then add the following line to your /etc/ssh/sshd_config

UsePAM yes

regards,

Christian

--
Christian Pfaffel <flash at itp.tu-graz.ac.at>
Technische Universität Graz                 Telefon: +43 / 316 / 873 - 81 90