Linux kerberos authentication against multiple subdomains?

Nils Olav Brandstorp Bekken nobb at hiof.no
Thu Nov 6 04:27:18 EST 2003

I'm trying to set up a linux (RH 9) email server with imap and
authentication against multiple subdomains running w2k.

 domain.com (no users logging on here)
 sub1.domain.com (department # 1)
 sub2.domain.com (department # 2)
 sub5.domain.com  (department # 5)

domain.com trusts each sub domain and each
subdomain trusts the parent domain.

installed packages:
rpm -qa|grep krb

krbafs-1.1.1-9
krb5-workstation-1.2.7-14
krbafs-devel-1.1.1-9
krb5-libs-1.2.7-14
krb5-devel-1.2.7-14
pam_krb5-1.60-1

I've got it to work with one realm in krb5.conf, when I'm putting
default_realm = sub1.domain.com in libdefaults and defining kdc and
admin_server in the realm setting. But I got trouble making it work with
two or more subdomains (been reading faq's, man pages, newsgroups and books
for the last 2 weeks now) I've been looking at the capath setting, without
luck. Anyone done this before?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Nils O. Bekken