Any KDC implementations that use LDAP as the registry

gilbert.pilz@nowhere.com gilbert.pilz at nowhere.com
Sun Nov 2 20:06:55 EST 2003

Excuse my ignorance of the current state of Kerberos. It's been many
years since I have worked with this technology. I am thinking about
using Kerberos for a particular environment and I am wondering if there
are any implementations of the KDC that use LDAP as its user registry
instead of the idiosyncratic (?) database it normally uses.

The reason I ask this is that the current user registry in this
environment is based on LDAP with a meta-directory layer to synchronize
LDAP with the other registries in my system. While I can always add
another adapter to keep LDAP in synch with Kerberos, I would prefer if
the KDC just worked directly off of LDAP.

- gilbert