NewBie Problem with SSH Single Sign on

Jens Kleineheismann jk at em.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri May 30 04:54:29 EDT 2003

Hi Florian,

fjauernig at gmx.de wrote:
> [want SSH single sign on]
> Does anyone has a glue where to start? Its good possible, that I would like
> to have something which isn't possible the way I like to implement this.
First of all: it is possible to get something you want.

But: Openssh supports ticket forwarding only with protocol version 1.
And that is not what you want.

To get it working with protocol version 2 you can use GSSAPI Authentication.
Therefor you have to patch your openssh code.
Simon Wilkinson has written a propper patch for several OpenSSH Versions
(but 3.6.x is recommended).
Look at http://www.sxw.org.uk/computing/patches/openssh.html

hope this helps (and is still up to date),
Jens