SSO with AD, Kerberos and squid ???

greg debiansol at yahoo.fr
Fri May 2 04:58:11 EDT 2003

Thank you for your help ;)

But that's not exactly what I look for. I know squid_auth_ldap, but it
requires a login and password when a user want to surf the web. What I
want is users to connect with their normal account at their machine
startup, to be recognized in an AD or ldap (via kerberos ?!), and to
have acces or not to internet. I imagine kerberos could distribute a
ticket to users and to squid, like in a sso mechanism but applied only
to my proxy for the moment.

I don't think there is any kerberos module available now for squid, so
would it be quite easy to create one or not even considerable? I said
'easy' because I haven't much time and I'm not a great programmer !

Thank you

--greg