removing rcache from password verifying app.

Scott T. scottt35 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 31 19:19:55 EST 2003

hello.
	I'm in the process of building a password verification mechanism that
uses Kerberos. I'm using the PAM and Windows 2000 approach where I
obtain a TGT, request a ticket for the localhost, and try to decrypt
the server ticket with the localhost service key.  In this situation,
seeing as i?m acting as client and server, can i get rid of the
rcache?  I think so but I want to make sure. Thanks in advance, scott.

p.s. I need to remove the rcache for performance issues.  i need the
least i/o as possible.