Kprop Eating Disk Space?

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Sat Mar 29 04:44:49 EST 2003

    Ken> Turbo Fredriksson <turbo at bayour.com> writes:
    >> It's not the root partition per see, it's the /tmp
    >> directory/partition that fills up:

    >> rmgztk:~# ll /tmp/kprp.* -rw------- 1 root root 0 Mar 28 08:30
    >> /tmp/kprp.RKcFeZ -rw------- 1 root root 0 Mar 28 09:00
    >> /tmp/kprp.jDHeVw -rw------- 1 root root 0 Mar 28 08:00
    >> /tmp/kprp.unf9Ql

    Ken> What version are you using that creates /tmp/kprp.* files?  I
    Ken> don't see any on my systems, nor can I find "kprp" in the MIT
    Ken> sources.

    Monica> I tried searching for these .kprp* and kprop* files, but I
    Monica> can't find any.  I also looked in the /tmp directory, but
    Monica> there's nothing there.  I don't know where the extra disk
    Monica> space is coming from...

Sorry, it was my wrapper script around kprop that created the file(s):

----- s n i p -----
#!/bin/sh

kdclist="slave_kdc"

# Dump the database
kdb5_util dump /var/lib/krb5kdc/slave_datatrans

TMPFILE=`tempfile -p kprp.`

# Progagate the database to the slave KDC's
for kdc in $kdclist; do
    /usr/sbin/kprop -f /var/lib/krb5kdc/slave_datatrans $kdc > /dev/null 2> $TMPFILE
    RES="$?"
    if [ "$RES" -gt 0 ]; then
        echo "Result from kprop: '$RES'"
        cat $TMPFILE