No subject

Elena Leyderman elena at hpcf.upr.edu
Fri Mar 28 09:33:18 EST 2003

I'm a newbee.  I've installed the kerberos from
FNAL-kerberos-clientonly-linux24.tgz which is based on the MIT Kerberos v5
release according to the README file.

When I'm trying to use kerberos ftp I got the following message:

220 UNIX
Archive FTP server ready.
334 Using authentication type GSSAPI; ADAT must follow
GSSAPI accepted as authentication type
GSSAPI error major: Miscellaneous failure
GSSAPI error minor: Program lacks support for encryption type
GSSAPI error: initializing context
GSSAPI authentication failed
504 Unknown authentication type: KERBEROS_V4
KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type

In configuration file V4 is mentioned only in the login section:
	login = {
		forwardable = true
		krb5_run_aklog = true
		krb5_get_tickets = true
		krb4_get_tickets = false
		krb4_convert = false
	}

	kinit = {
		forwardable = true
		krb5_run_aklog = true
	}

	rshd = {
		krb5_run_aklog = true
	}

	ftpd = {
		krb5_run_aklog = true
		default_lifetime = 6h
	}

I changed krb4_get_tickets and  krb4_convert to true but no use.

Any help would be appriciated.

Elena.