Windows Service Key

Scott T. scottt35 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 27 13:47:34 EST 2003

Hello.

	i'm in the process of building an application which uses
ActiveDirectory(kerberos) to authenticate the user. I'm using the
model where I obtain a TGT (+ preauthentication) and then use it to
request from the TGS a ticket to talk to myself (the host). This is
the same model used by PAM and even Windows itself (from what I gather
with my trusty sniffer). Unfortunately, i don't know how to obtain the
service key for the host on the windows platform (doing this on linux
is trivial). I'm using the MIt kerberos code. Any ideas? Is it even
possible? -Scott

p.s. I found a workaround in MSDN (netlogin.c) that does a password
change for the host and, thereby, gives me the service key.  This will
work but I'd rather just read the current service key from the windows
box and not have to do any intermediary steps.