Solaris 9, Kerberos: Permission denied in replay cache code

Reinhard Zierke zierke at informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Mar 26 09:27:13 EST 2003

I'm trying to convince my Suns running Solaris 9 to authenticate via
Kerberos 5 to a Windows XP LDAP/Active Directory server.  Most of
the stuff seems to work now, but when I lock my CDE screen,  I can't
unlock it with the Kerberos password but get an error message from
dtsession:

Mar 26 13:05:50 <myhost> dtsession[363]: [ID 928536 user.error] PAM-KRB5 (auth): Failed to verify the TGT host <myhost>.informatik.uni-hamburg.de at INFORMATIK.UNI-HAMBURG.DE: Permission denied in replay cache code

and my Kerberos ticket in /tmp/krb5cc_<myuid> is gone.

What does this mean?  Does dtsession think that my office workstation
<myhost> is the ticket granting server instead of the Windows AD server
as configured in /etc/krb5/krb5.conf?  How can I repair this?

Confused,
  Reinhard

--
Reinhard Zierke                       Universität Hamburg, FB Informatik
zierke at informatik.uni-hamburg.de      Vogt-Kölln-Straße 30, D-22527 Hamburg