running kerberos client apps on win2k

Bob.Smart@csiro.au Bob.Smart at csiro.au
Tue Mar 25 18:40:23 EST 2003

I want to run kerberos client apps (in
particular kx509 and kerberized ssh) on
a win2k box. We are using Active Directory
for the KDC. The win2k box is logged in
to the domain, so it already has tickets.
You can see them with the kerbtray app
(free from microsoft.com web site).

Looking at the documentation around the
place it looks like:

1. Kerberos GSSAPI apps can be run with
   the microsoft supplied library. This
   doesn't cover common unix kerberos apps.

2. Standard kerberos can compile and
   run with cygwin (at least heimdal
   can and I presume the MIT kerberos also).

However (2) will expect the tickets to be in
the standard unix place (under /tmp I seem
to remember).

So I think what I want is a slightly modified
version of kerberos that will compile under
cygwin but look for the tickets in the
standard win2k place. Or else maybe it will
call the internal win2k code to request
tickets for services.

Has anyone looked into this? Any help is
appreciated.

Bob