Password changing for xdm

James F.Hranicky jfh at cise.ufl.edu
Mon Mar 24 09:13:10 EST 2003

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 13:53:42 -0500
"James F.Hranicky" <jfh at cise.ufl.edu> wrote:

> Ok, I may be able to swing that :-> I'm just glad I have a prompter as a
> skeleton to go on, thanks.

On second thought, calling a function to get the return value from an
Xt widget probably won't work, as all the Xt widgets do their work in
callbacks (unless someone has a clever way of doing so).

Does anyone find it terribly objectionable to popen a program that reads
from the XDM process the prompts and types, and then writes out the
passwords on stdout to be read in again by the XDM process?

Clunky, but easily workable.

Jim