Password changing for xdm

James F.Hranicky jfh at cise.ufl.edu
Fri Mar 21 13:41:19 EST 2003

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:11:38 -0500
Ken Hornstein <kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:

> >> Heh.  You see why I choose to make xlock use the Kerberos call directly?
> >
> >Yep -- were these patches submitted to the XFree86 xlock or xlockmore?
> >Where could I find them?
>
> xlockmore; if you go to the xlockmore site and download the latest snapshot,
> they should be in there.

You may be interested to know that a hamfisted attempt to put your prompter
code into the Kerberized XDM worked a little:

	- The password expiration message doesn't respond to the click
	  and stays up after login, acting as part of the background

	- The password change dialog comes up, doesn't take text entry,
	  but seems to respond to clicks, although the text disappears
	  after the first message

I haven't ever done low level X (motif was bad enough), so I'm guessing
as to what to do, but I'll attach what I did to get it to compile (I added
it into server.c and put the declaration in krb5auth.c) . I had to paste in
the putTextFont as well with no changes. Basically, all the references to
"Scr[]" were either replaced with something else or commented out.

*shrug*

Jim