qualcommpopper didnot able to kerberos authenticate

shaick shaick_mlist1 at lycos.co.uk
Mon Mar 10 01:59:19 EST 2003

Hello,

    I have build the Qualcommpopper with kerberos 5 in hpux.Building with kerberos has No problem.While testing without kerberos,Qpopper is working fine .
When i try to authenticate using kerberos as,

in inetd.conf:

kpop   stream tcp nowait root  /usrlocal/sbin/popper popper -k

In /etc/services
kpop 1109/tcp is defined.

After restarting inetd, I try to do the telnet test as,

$  telnet 127.0.0.1 1109
Trying...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
USER
--ERR recvauth failed --ERR sendauth failed
connection closed.
$

But the connection is closed with errors.

When i try to do Window client test,from eudora(windows client),
It is not able to authenticate.From its log ,
"Cause connection refused 10061"

So with kerberos qpopper is not responding.

        I am new to kerberos world so please help to find solution in this regard.

Thanks in advance,
-Shaick.