High level thoughts on justifying the use of Kerberos

Mike mike.crump at saint-gobain.com
Sun Mar 16 20:52:12 EST 2003

I'm getting ready to propose the use of Kerberos in our division.
I've done some reading up on the subject and in general I like what I
see.  However, I have this nagging thought in my head that my
management and some of the network weenies will have reservations.

My question is to formalize a list of the benefits and risks of
implementing Kerberos.  Specifically, are there things that I should
be worried about?  I know this is very open ended and somewhat vague
but that's my starting point on the issue.  I want to try to head off
any FUD attacks and also want to understand the implications of what
I'm proposing.

Thanks in advance.