kadmin error (SEAM on solaris 8)

yo timo bacolod85 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 7 09:17:02 EST 2003

Running SEAM 1.0.1 on Solaris 8 with all available
patches applied.

Root can run kadmin fine with "foo/admin" principal.

Non root user can invoke kadmin and get the "kadmin:"
prompt with no errors (also with "foo/admin"
principal) but I get the following error when trying
to perform admin functions:

kadmin: listprincs
get_principals: communication failure with server
while retrieving list

The corresponding log entree:
kadmin [496](Error):Authentication attempt failed:
invalid RPC authentication flavor 0

NOTES:
RPC appears to be running.

"Hardening" scripts have been run on this box so I'm
thinking it is a common file with wrong permissions or
a common services that is normally running that has
been dissabled.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Bacolod