teething pains

N. Leenders nadine at ualberta.ca
Thu Jun 26 16:19:33 EDT 2003

Hi,
I'm new to this list and to setting up kerberos and am running into some
problems.

When running kadmin.local, while cleaning up some of the test principals
I'd set up, I also removed "K/M at NIC.UALBERTA.CA", not realizing that the
system had put it there.  Since then, I haven't been able to run
kadmin.local:

[root at lyon root]# kadmin.local
Authenticating as principal root/admin at NIC.UALBERTA.CA with password.
kadmin.local: Cannot find master key record in database while initializing
kadmin.local interface

So I tried destroying the database so I could start over:
[root at lyon root]# kdb5_util destroy
kdb5_util: No such entry in the database while retrieving master entry

And it didn't work to try creating a new one either:
[root at lyon root]# kdb5_util create -r NIC.UALBERTA.CA -s
create: The database '/var/kerberos/krb5kdc/principal' appears to already
exist

What else can I try?
Thx, Nadine