Kerberos error

Renzi, Gary grenzi at cta.net
Wed Jun 25 15:49:30 EDT 2003

I  am a MCSE at CTA in Honolulu Hawaii. I have run into this message and
error , have search and search for a resolution, have yet to find any
reference to the error or anyone at Microsoft that can help me.  After
reading your article " Kerberos: The Network Authentication Protocol", I
thought I'd write a tap your knowledge.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Gary M Renzi
808-839-1200

"The kerberos client received a KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error from the
server FIRM$.  This indicates that the password used to encrypt the
kerberos service ticket is different than that on the target server.
Commonly, this is due to identically named  machine accounts in the
target realm (firm.COM), and the client realm.   Please contact your
system administrator."