how to achieve what kinit does programmatically?

Kent_Wu@trendmicro.com Kent_Wu at trendmicro.com
Mon Jun 2 20:02:59 EDT 2003

Sam, thx for the info. Two questions:

1.After I downloaded the MIT Kerberos package, there is a doc folder created however I couldn't find the description for API krb5_get_init_creds_password(), did I miss something here?

2. Basically what I want to achieve is that assuming I already have user/passwd pair(thru proxy authorization maybe), I want to get the TGT programmatically since I don't need any interaction which was enforced by "kinit" at all. Is this really doable or krb5_get_init_creds_password() still prompts for user's password?

Thx a lot.

Kent