License for Kerberos 1.3

Tom Yu tlyu at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 22 11:37:05 EDT 2003

>>>>> "jacekn" == Jacek Nowicki <jacekn at microsoft.com> writes:

jacekn> Our client National Bank of Poland in Europe, would like to
jacekn> use Kerberos 5 ver 1.3.  Which type of agreement / license
jacekn> they needed to use this software in Central Europe?

The README file in the release dictates the copyright license terms.
You may view the README file on our website.  Poland's government
might impose restrictions on the use of cryptographic software; I am
not familiar with the laws there.  As stated in the license in the
README file, compliance with export regulations of the US is the
responsibility of whomever is contemplating export.

The homepage for the krb5-1.3 release is

    http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-1.3/

and the README for the release is linked to from that page.

Unfortunately, MIT legal counsel does not yet allow us to offer
unrestricted public download (permitted by recent export law changes)
for persons outside the US and Canada, and the krb5-1.3 release is not
yet published on www.crypto-publish.org.

---Tom