GSSAPI x Kerberos

silvio@gdora.com.br silvio at gdora.com.br
Wed Jul 9 08:34:16 EDT 2003

Sam Hartman wrote:
> Implement using GSSAPI unless there is something that you need that
> cannot be provided by GSSAPI.

Thanks :-) I was going to do that but I asked here to be sure...

The SPNEGO draft on IETF (draft-brezak-spnego-http-04) explains how Microsoft
implemented the GSS over HTTP to IIS and IE, in the docs it says to use "WWW-
Authenticate: Negotiate", but the patch to Mozilla looks a little different, it
uses "GSS-Negotiate"... Since I'm going to do both server and client
modification to support Kerberos in this application I could use anything, what
you think that would be better the MS draft or the one the works on
Mozilla/Apache?

There's any other kind of GSS authentication over HTTP?

Thanks in advance,
Silvio Fonseca
Linux Consultant
Relato Consultoria de Informática
Rua Mto. João Gomes de Araújo, 106 cj. 42
Alto de Santana - São Paulo - SP
Telefones: (11) 6978-5253 / (11) 6978-5262
Fax: (11) 6971-3115