string-to-key in Windows Server 2003

Klyne, Simon Simon.Klyne at commerzbankib.com
Wed Jul 2 11:21:03 EDT 2003

I believe that W2K3 is switching from UDP to TCP earlier than W2K.

We had an issue with Solaris 8/9 working against W2K but not W2K3 (principle
lengths)
The response we had from Microsoft was that W2K switches from UDP to TCP at
2000 bytes and W2K3 switches at 1500 bytes.  We were able to demonstrate
working TCP functionality to W2K3 by using heimdal rather than MIT kerberos.

Simon