Host Variable In Principal Name / Keytab file

Wake, Chris Chris.Wake at abbeynational.co.uk
Tue Jul 1 07:44:22 EDT 2003

I am failing on my call to gss_Acquire_cred if my full Principal name does
not include my AIX host name in it.
For example : My Active Directory user account is tuxauthsvr2, I use this to
generate my keytab file but when booting my (TUXEDO) server it is looking
for a Principal of tuxauthsvr/hostname at ..........
Is there anyway around this or does the keytab have to generated with the
hostname as part of it ?

Many thanks.

Chris Wake
Middleware Implementation Development
Business Integration Services
SWFW15
* Tel: +44 (0)1908 345488
* Fax: +44 (0)1908 346436
* E-mail: Chris.Wake at AbbeyNational.co.uk
" http://www.ic.abbey-national.net/gti_gtis_middleware/default.asp
mnop

Important:

Internet communications are not necessarily secure and may be intercepted or changed after they are sent.
The Abbey National Group does not accept liability for any such changes. If you wish to confirm the origin or content of this communication, please contact the sender using an alternative means of communication.

This communication does not create or modify any contract.

If you are not the intended recipient of this communication you should destroy it without copying, disclosing or otherwise using its contents. Please notify the sender immediately of the error.

The Abbey National Group comprises Abbey National plc and its subsidiary group of companies.

Abbey National plc. Registered Office: Abbey National House, 2 Triton Square, Regents Place, London, NW1 3AN. Reg. No. 2294747.
Registered in England.