Problems with kerberized telnetd and telnet

Kenneth Stephen y2kmvs at ebiz.austin.ibm.com
Mon Jan 13 23:31:24 EST 2003

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, John Hascall wrote:

> First, do:  klist -f
> to make sure your TGT has the forwardable flag set,
> like this:
>
> % klist -f
> Ticket cache: FILE:/var/dss/kerberos/tkt/v5_3e22df980e8a53
> Default principal: john at IASTATE.EDU
>
> Valid starting     Expires            Service principal
> 01/13/03 14:07:19  01/20/03 14:07:19  krbtgt/IASTATE.EDU at IASTATE.EDU
>         Flags: FI
>
>     ...K4 tickets omitted here...
>
> then do:
>
>     telnet -axF ebiz.austin.ibm.com
>
> (-a = auth, -x = encrypt) [I doubt you need the -k realm
>                            if things are properly setup]

John,

	Thanks for the quick reply. I did make some progress with the
options that you specified and now when I do the telnet, I can see that I
acquire a ticket for the telnet server host. However, it all goes to
pieces after that. I need to investigate further as to what is happening
before I post again on this matter.

Regards,
Kenneth