win2k kdc

Mark H. Wood mwood at mhw.ULib.IUPUI.Edu
Fri Feb 21 10:18:27 EST 2003

preetam R <rpreetam2001 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>    I have a win2k server with sp3, configured with AD.
> I am trying to use MIT's kinit (1.2.5)against this
> kdc. I get an error "KDC reply did not match
> expectations while getting initial credentials".

I had case-sensitivity problems with this.  Once I remembered to
specify the realm in all-caps, I had no more trouble.  (What's the
emoticon for a sheepish look?)

I'm using Samba 3.0 alpha on Linux 2.4 to exchange data with AD
members, using Kerberos authentication, with considerable success.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mwood at IUPUI.Edu
MS Windows *is* user-friendly, but only for certain values of "user".