gss_acquire_cred : Segmentation Fault

Salman Ahmad Khan salmanak79 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 18 06:24:46 EST 2003

Hi All.

I am using Linux 8 and Kerberos version 5.

When the gss_acquire_cred is executed in one of my
code, I get a "Segmentation Fault" error. I cannot
step into the code to see where exactly the crash
occurs. My code seems like this

	maj_stat = gss_acquire_cred(
			&min_stat,
			target_name, //GSS_C_NO_NAME,
			0, //GSS_C_INDEFINITE,
			GSS_C_NO_OID_SET,
			GSS_C_BOTH,
			server_creds,
			NULL,
			NULL);

where
	OM_uint32 maj_stat, min_stat;
	gss_cred_id_t *server_creds;
	gss_buffer_desc send_tok;
	gss_name_t target_name;

My amjor concerns are... is this a common problem. If
so, what is that common mistake that generates this
problem. Is it due to some of the arguments that i am
passing. Please note that i called the gss_import_name
method successfully before this method.

Any help or idea is most welcome.

Thanking you in advance.
Salman Ahmad Khan.