Operating Systems & Kerbros

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 17 12:44:47 EST 2003

    Jose> On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Sam Hartman wrote:
    >> The reason this security decrease is necessary is a rather
    >> unfortunate bug in both the MIT KDC and the MIT client
    >> codebase. It's bug 1006 in our database.
    >>
    >> The only good news about this issue is that once the bug is
    >> fixed, upgrading either the KDC or the client should be
    >> sufficient to work around the problem.

    Jose> Can you tell me which version to update to?  At work we've

I thought my statement was fairly clear that the bug was still open.

Since then I have committed a patch to resolve the issue and this
patch should appear in Kerberos 1.3.  And before you ask, we have no
public statement on 1.3 release timelines.

I have enclosed the patch; please let us know if you find any
problems.