Ping

Clint Chaplin cchaplin at sj.symbol.com
Thu Feb 6 12:16:17 EST 2003

Test....

Clint (JOATMON) Chaplin
Maurice Wilkes recalls in his memoirs, "By June 1949, people had begun to realize that it was not so easy to get a program right as had at one time appeared. I well remember when this realization first came on me with full force. The EDSAC was on the top floor of the building and the tape-punching and editing equipment one floor below. . . . I was trying to get working my first nontrivial program. . . . It was on one of my journeys between the EDSAC room and the punching equipment that . . . the realization came over me with full force that a good part of the remainder of my life was going to be spent in finding errors in my own programs."