Why NOMSPAC is a valuable temporary inclusion in kerberos

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Wed Dec 24 10:02:14 EST 2003

Actually Microsoft is working on a patch to AD that will allow
the AD admin to set a "no PAC" in tickets for selected services.
(KX509 and AFS for example.) I expect to see them release this
any day as a hotfix. Once this is installed on the AD, clients would
not need to use the NOPAC ticket mod as tickets issued for the Kx509
KCA or AFS would not have a PAC.

We too are interested in KX509, and added mods (sent to Bill)
to allow for a 4K UDP packet as a stop gap measure. It gets fragmented
but works.

So the mod to the kinit krb5-1.3.1 may not be needed. But it did point
out a problem in the way the pre-auth for the KERB-PA-PAC-REQUEST
was being handled in the KDC.