Intranet Kerberos Authentication using Safari in a Mac, Windows, Unix Environment

Harvey hkramer at maximsoft.com.ar
Fri Dec 19 15:22:30 EST 2003

Hi all,

We have a mix network mostly composed of Windows, Unix, and Mac OS X
(Panther). The KDCs are on Windows 2000 Active Directory Servers, and
DNS is configured on Unix Servers with BIND 8.

We cannot browse the intranet using Safari's Mac OS X Kerberos
authentication, it does not work in our scenario. However Windows 2000
workstations can browse with no trouble.

We were able to get Safari authenticate using Kerberos by integrating
DNS into active directory, but this is not a viable solution for our
Organization since the bosses argue that "PC networks works fine".

I have not a lot of experience in configuring Kerberos and I would
kindly appreciate any help to find an alternative solution to this
issue?

Thank you very much.
Harvey