Role Based Access Control how-to with Kerberos and JAAS?

bauhaus9 bauhaus9 at verizon.net
Sun Dec 14 15:38:35 EST 2003

All,
   I can successfully use JAAS against a Kerberos KDC to authenticate
principals, but is there a way to define both users and groups to which
those users belong in Kerberos such that when a user (bob) authenticates
successfully, it returns all of the principals for "bob" like "manager,
user" so that I can set my Java Policy file at a higher level of
granularity than the individual user.  It is not obvious to me how to do
that with the kerberos admin commands.

Is it possible?

bauhaus9