Macintosh Safari Browser and IIS with Kerberos

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Fri Dec 5 14:38:32 EST 2003

    Wyllys> Rightly or wrongly, customers want this support and they
    Wyllys> want it without having to use IE.  The mozilla codebase
    Wyllys> allows for extensions such as this to be added (or
    Wyllys> deleted) pretty easily, so in the future, if HTTP-SASL
    Wyllys> becomes a reality, it can be supported easily, likewise
    Wyllys> krb5-tls.

O, to clarify, I agree this is useful technology.  As a customer, it
is the best solution available to me today.

As a protocol developer, however, I cannot consider this to be a
reasonable approach for standardization.