Macintosh Safari Browser and IIS with Kerberos

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Fri Dec 5 11:05:32 EST 2003

    Tim>    Sam,

    Tim>    I don't understand your comment about authorisation. Can
    Tim> you explain ?

    Tim>    Specially, what is the difference between using a Mac OSX
    Tim> client and a Windows client to access the same IIS server
    Tim> with credential delegation for a specific web application ?

First, I'm concerned that Microsoft may tend to forward credentials
more than is ideal.

More importantly, I suspect that the OSX Kerberos support will be used
in many wider environments than the IIS support.  All the machines in
a Windows domain tend to be under relatively tight administrative
control of a single organization.  That's not generally true of a
Kerberos realm.